- Go to Central Administration
- Go to Application Management
- Under Create or Extend Web Application
- Select http://mossdev/ as web application
Change Description: Sharepoint – Extranet
- Port: 443 (HTTPS Port)
- Host Header: extranet
- User SSL: YES
- Zone: Extranet
- Also don’t forget to add http://extranet to DNS Server.
Install IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools from Microsoft`s web site.
- Install just SelfSSL if wanted or do complete installation.
- After installing RKT, from start menu strat SelfSSL console app.
- On the console write:
- Selfssl /T /N:CN=extranet (press enter)
- Write exit to exit from console.
Go to IIS go to Default Web Site go to Properties
- Select Directory Security
- See if View Certificate button is enabled if it is certificate is created.
- Go to Sharepoint – Extranet we site on IIS
- From properties go to Directory Security
- Go to Server Certificate from wizard select Assign an Existing Certificate
- Select the certificate that was create
- Leave port number as 443
- After adding the certificate to the extranet web site
- Go to Edit enable Require secure channel (SSL)
- Enable Require 128-bit encryption.
- Go to command line to reset IIS, write iisreset /noforce
- Open Internet explorer to try the sure write https://extranet/